Qatar National Vision 2030
The Qatar National Vision 2030 (QNV) aims to evolve the country into an advanced nation capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for its people. QNV defines the long-term outcomes and provides a framework within which national strategies and implementation plans can be developed.
The QNV states that “to remain true to its values Qatar must balance five major challenges:
- Modernization and preservation of traditions
- Needs of current and future generations
- Managed growth and controlled expansion
- Size and quality of expatriate labour force and selected path of development
- Economic growth, social development and environmental management.”
Economic diversification and support for private sector development are the central elements of the economic pillar of the QNV.
The QNV can be downloaded from the website of the General Secretariat of Development & Planning (GSDP) via this link: Qatar National Vision 2030